EWWR Awards 2013 - Finalists out soon!
On Wednesday, 19 March 2014, the EWWR Awards Jury came together in Brussels to determine the finalists and the winner of the EWWR awards 2014. Hosted by ACR+, the leading EWWR project partner, the Jury had a fruitful discussion about the fantastic actions submitted for the EWWR Awards 2014.
The EWWR Awards Jury and the EWWR team from ACR+ after the Jury’s meeting (left to right):
Thanks to a precedent evaluation, all Jury members joined the meeting with already a clear idea about their favourite actions implemented during the European Week for Waste Reduction 2013. After fruitful discussions amongst the Jury members, the Jury decided upon the finalists to run for the EWWR awards 2014. Out of the six categories of Action Developers, three actions per category have been chosen as finalists. The choices were made according to the selection criteria.
The EWWR awards finalists will be announced at the beginning of April. Stay tuned!
The EWWR Awards Jury 2014
The EWWR Awards Jury is composed of personalities from the environmental sector who are recognised at the European level, as well as professionals in the field of waste management. This year, 5 Jury members have been appointed, each of them representing one of the Action Developers category:
- Administration/Public authority: Pascal Goergen, Secretary General, AER (Assembly of European Regions)
- Association/NGO: Piotr Barczak, Project Officer for Air and Waste at EEB (European Environmental Bureau)
- Business/Industry: Michael Steurer, Advisor, EU Affairs (Energy & Environment), Eurochambres (The Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry)
- Educational Establishment: Dirk Vercammen, President FEE – Flanders (Foundation for Environmental Education)
- Individual citizen/Other: Gunther Wolff, European Commission, DG Environment