The EWWR rewards the best actions from 2017
The EWWR Awards Ceremony took place on 22 May 2018, during the EU Green Week, at the European Committee of the Regions in Brussels, where our honoured Jury revealed the names of the most outstanding awareness-raising actions implemented during the EWWR 2017.
The Commissioner for Environment, Karmenu Vella, Michel Lebrun (Head of the Belgian Delegation, Committee of the Regions) and Josep Maria Tost i Borràs (ACR+ President) opened the Ceremony and welcomed the participants to this great EWWR celebration.
Six winners were awarded, one in each of the categories of Action Developers, as well as a European Special Prize for the action showing the best European spirit. They all happily came on stage to accept their well-deserved awards.
The winners of the EWWR Awards 2017 are:
- Public Administration and organisation: the winner is La LouvièR³: zero waste objective, implemented by the City of La Louvière (Wallonia, Belgium)
- Association/NGO: Jo Sóc COCO Campaign, implemented by REZERO (Catalonia, Spain)
- Business/Industry: Unpacked – directly into the pot!, implemented by Hertel Verwaltungs GmbH (Germany)
- Education Establishment: Designing orthopaedic and medical devices reusing materials, implemented by IES Comte de Rius (Catalonia, Spain)
- Citizen(s): Anti-Black Friday Gorilla Campaign, implemented by Conscious Cup Campaign (Ireland)
- European Special Prize: Coffee-to-go-nochemol, implement by the Eurodistrikt Strasbourg-Ortenau (France and Germany)
Congratulations to them all!