The annual EWWR Awards ceremony is an event created to reward the most outstanding actions carried out in each EWWR edition. Each year, Coordinators, Action Developers and anyone interested in the EWWR gather during one evening to celebrate the EWWR and its participants. A Jury of European professionals working in the environmental sector selects finalists and winners amongst all the many inspiring EWWR actions! The Awards are an amazing opportunity to put the spotlight on some of the EWWR most committed Action Developer.
The EWWR rewards one action from each of the following categories:
- Administration/Public authority
- Educational Establishment
- Citizen (including informal group of citizens)
- Other (e.g. hospitals, retirement homes, cultural institutions, museums, libraries, religious entities, political parties)
The Awards Ceremony
The EWWR awards ceremony for the EWWR 2015 was held on the evening of the 11th of May 2016 in Brussels and was combined with the international conference “Circular Economy in practice: Rethinking our production and consumption models”. The location of the ceremony changes every year, giving therefore the opportunity to Action Developers and Coordinators from all over Europe to participate and share good practices. In the past, EWWR award ceremonies have taken place in Budapest (awards 2014) and Rome (awards 2013).
Join us in Barcelona for the EWWR Awards 2016!
Action Developers interested in entering their action into the review and selection process for the EWWR Awards have to indicate so on the registration form. This allows them to share the best aspects of their actions. After each edition of the EWWR, each Coordinator then pre-selects a maximum of 6 great actions that took place in their area (one per category).
The pre-selection is based on the following criteria:
- Visibility and communicational aspects
- Quality of content and focus on waste reduction, products reuse or materials recycling
- Originality and exemplarity
- European reproducibility
- Lasting impact & follow-up
- Motivation of target audience and/or general public
The EWWR Jury is composed of personalities from the environmental sector who are recognised at the European level, as well as professionals in the field of waste management. They are in charge of
examining the shortlisted actions (those pre-selected by the EWWR Coordinators) and of designating a winner in each of the 6 categories, according to the above-mentioned criteria.
Discover the jury for the EWWR Awards 2016:
- Piotr Barczak, European Environmetal Bureau (EEB)
- Yukiko Tsuburaya, Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE)
- Peter Defranceschi, Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI)
- Michael Steurer, Eurochambres
- Gunther Wolff, European Commission (EC)