Recognition for the EWWR
The European Week for Waste Reduction has been an on-going project since 2009. Thanks to the great work of all the actors involved, the project has gathered a lot of attention and attracted the support of different European and national institutions.
You will find below a summary of the support and rewards granted to the EWWR for its past editions:
- 2017: The EWWR was nominated as one of the most outstanding LIFE projects from the past 25 years of the funding programme, along with 4 other projects in the category of Environment. More information here.
- 2016: In Germany, the EWWR 2016 was granted the title “Werkstatt N Projekt 2016” and is officially supported by the German Council for Sustainable Development.
- 2015: The EWWR was held under the patronage of the European Parliament and its president Martin Schulz.
- 2014: The EWWR 2014 was held under the patronage of the European Commissioner for the Environment, Karmenu Vella, and the European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, Mr Vytenis Andriukaitis.
- 2013: The EWWR 2013 took place under the patronage of the then European Commissioner for the Environment, Janez Potočnik, as well several Members of the European Parliament.
- 2013: Elected as “Best of the Best” LIFE project along 5 other projects, making it one of the most successful projects on waste prevention in Europe.