Hazardous Waste Prevention: Time to Detox!
The Thematic Focus for 2018 is that of hazardous waste. It poses a greater risk to our health and our environment when compared to other types of waste. Thus, it is even more important to reduce our consumption of products with hazardous contents as well as make sure that they are properly disposed of. In 2018, it is time to detox and diminish the use of such products in our nearest surroundings such as bathrooms, kitchens, sheds and garages!
Stay tuned since we will develop a number of tools to highlight this topic and to support EWWR Action Developers who will work on implementing actions addressing these issues!
Read about the topics of the previous years here.
This compilation of factsheets on reuse and repair activities aims at helping you to organise such actions. They will provide you with general informations, as well as tips on how to implement these activities. We have also included some interesting examples of actions on this topic.
- Guide to Hazardous Waste - Also available in IT - CAT - ES
- Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products Workshop - Also available in IT - CAT - ES
- Repair Café
A promotional poster has been developed especially for this year’s theme.
Feel free to download our new poster and put Hazardous Waste Prevention in the spotlight!
The EWWR Promotional video on Reduce is available in 25 languages, check out our YouTube playlist.
- Be smart, give it a new life!
- Tips for recycling your e-waste
- E-stewards, an electronic waste recycling initiative
- Electronics recycling watchdog Basel Action Network
- Hazard pictograms – European Chemicals Agency
- Chemicals, What’s in it for you? – European Commission
- E-waste recycling guide
- Green Cleaning Resources
more to come soon…