Let's Clean Up Europe!
A European Spring Clean!
Every year, millions of tonnes of litter end up in oceans, beaches, forests and elsewhere in nature. The primary causes of this littering issue are our society’s unsustainable production and consumption patterns, poor waste management strategies and a lack of awareness of citizens.
Do you want to be part of the solution?
Join the Let’s Clean-Up Europe! campaign
Starting on 15 February, you will have until 4 May 2018 to register your clean-up action. Don’t miss it!
The Let’s Clean Up Europe campaign is active throughout all European Countries. For more information contact the the Coordinator responsible in your area.
See here the list of Let’s Clean-Up Europe Coordinators 2018!
If there is no Coordinator covering your territory you can join the Let’s Clean-Up Europe! campaign by registering your action here!
By implementing clean-up actions you contribute to solving the littering problem but you also raise awareness about the amount of waste produced, the importance of waste prevention and waste reduction! Clean-up actions can be implemented between 1 March and 30 June, every year, under the Let’s Clean-up Europe (LCUE) flag!
However our aim is to concentrate actions during the second weekend of May, namely from 11 to 13 May 2018, in order to give a stronger voice and draw attention to the critical issues related to littering!
How to organise a clean-up action?
- Identify the problematic place to clean, then get your contacts on board and register your action. If you want to go big you can set up a team and find some support or sponsors.
- On the clean-up day it’s time for action! Gather your team and start collecting litter, sorting it as much as possible! Share ideas about the 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We also have a LCUE Factsheet with more details and ideas.
- Get more visibility by using our communication tools! You can download them here!
- Remember to take pictures, videos and to send your feedback to your Coordinator!
Download the latest LCUE infographic:
Come and join us!
Check our Flickr account to see inspiring photos of the clean-up actions along the years!
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2017
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2016
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2015
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2014
Want to be a Coordinator?
You can download here the Criteria to Become a LCUE Coordinator! Or you can contact the Let’s Clean Up Europe Secretariat for further information:
AICA, the International Association for Environmental Communication
Contact: Francesca Davoli francesca.davoli(at)envi.info