The #LCUE2018 photo contest has started!
The Let’s Clean Up Europe campaign (LCUE) has launched a photo contest to reward the best pictures taken during the LCUE 2018! Participants have until 31 July 2018 to submit a picture to the LCUE Secretariat via Facebook messenger. All submissions will be made public on 1 August 2018 in order to gather votes through Facebook “Likes” until 31 August 2018. The picture that receives the most likes will be the winning one!
Over the spring season, hundreds of thousands of participants have joined hands in Europe and beyond to organize clean-up actions during the LCUE 2018 campaign. Throughout the campaign, hundreds of inspirational, highly-motivating photos of clean-up activities from various countries have already been widely shared on social media, embodying relentless engagement against littering and raising public awareness on waste prevention. The photo contest thus aims to further strengthen the powerful mean that is photography in conveying environmental messages as well as inspire people to keep our environment clear of litter, and draw public attention to initiatives that preserve it.
In a nutshell, the rules are:
- Between 1 and 30 July 2018, participants can send one photo of their action to the Facebook page of Let’s Clean Up Europe (via Messenger), including the following information: name of action, name of action developer, place of implementation;
- On 1 August 2018, all submissions will be published in the album “#LCUE Photo Contest”;
- From 1 August 2018 until 31 August 2018 votes (Facebook “Like”) will be collected.
The picture with the most positive reactions will win!
The winner of the LCUE 2018 photo contest will be awarded with limited edition gadgets as well as invited for an interview.
We look forward to seeing all your inspiring pictures!
Important thing to remember before submitting your photos:
- Make sure that you have rights to the pictures (you are the author of it or you have the agreement of the author);
- By submitting your photo, you agree that your photo can be shared on Let’s Clean Up Europe and the European Week for Waste Reduction social media channels, and used in the EWWR’s communication materials.