Reuse & repair: Give it a new life!
The Thematic Focus for 2017 will focus on one of the easiest but very important ways to prevent waste: reuse with a twist of repair!
Behind this topic is the need to shift from a throw-away attitude towards more appreciation for products and the resources used. This year the EWWR will open your eyes about how easy it is to find value in something you thought had become useless.
- Reuse means recovering and reusing products or their components. It includes both preparing for reuse and reuse.
- Repair means to put something that is damaged, broken or not working correctly, back into good condition or to make it work again. It means to restore, mend, set right, renovate, recondition, rehabilitate, refit, adjust, regulate, anything that will give a product a new life!
To highlight this topic and to support EWWR Action Developers to implement actions addressing it, a number of tools have been developed.
This compilation of factsheets on reuse and repair activities aims at helping you to organise such actions. They will provide you with general informations, as well as tips on how to implement these activities. We have also included some interesting examples of actions on this topic.
A promotional poster has been developed especially for this year’s them on Reuse & Repair.
Feel free to download our promotional poster and put this topic in the spotlight!
The EWWR Promotional video on Reuse is available in 25 languages, check out our YouTube playlist.
- Be smart, give it a new life!
National networks for reuse and repair:
*Let us know if there are other national pages, we’d be happy to share them here!
- Austria: www.reparaturfuehrer.at, www.repanet.at
- Belgium: www.repairtogether.be, www.dekringwinkel.be, www.res-sources.be
- France: emmaus-france.org, www.envie.org
- Ireland: crni.ie
- Italy: www.reteonu.it
- The Netherlands: www.kringloopwinkels.nl
- Scotland: www.recycleforscotland.com, crns.org.uk
- Spain: www.aeress.org
- Sweden: miljönär.se