The European Week for Waste Reduction - The success story continues
The European Week for Waste Reduction has officially entered a new phase starting on the 1st of July 2017, one in which it is led by the EWWR Steering Committee (ESC).
The EWWR Steering Committee was set up to coordinate, spread and promote the EWWR. The members of the ESC finance the coordination of the EWWR and take the major decisions regarding the campaign. For instance they decide on the EWWR awards ceremony, the annual thematic focus or the communication strategy.
For 2018, the members of the EWWR Steering Committee are:
- ACR+ - Association of Cities and Regions for sustainable Resource management;
- A.I.C.A. - International Association for Environmental Communication in Italy;
- A.R.C. - Catalan Waste Agency in Catalonia, Spain;
- Bruxelles Environnement - Leefmilieu Brussel - public administration for environment and energy in the Brussels Capital Region, Belgium;
- EMWR - The Eastern-Midlands Regional Waste Office, Ireland;
- European Commission
- Lipor - Intermunicipal waste management of Greater Porto, Portugal;
- VKU - German Association of Local Utilities;
- WasteServ Malta - waste management company in Malta.
Get ready for some actions, the EWWR will take place between 17 and 25 November 2018!
Becoming member of the ESC: What are the benefits?
- Being part of a network that promotes and upholds authentic actions towards waste reduction, reuse and recycling;
- Getting more visibility across Europe (EWWR website and all EWWR communication);
- Shaping the future development of the EWWR;
- Setting the annual thematic focus of the EWWR;
- Deciding on the location of the EWWR awards ceremony;
- Collaborating on waste prevention, reuse, and recycling with leading public authorities and exchanging ideas and strategies;
- Being part of the Steering Committee of one of the biggest European initiatives on waste the 3Rs.