The EWWR Awards
The annual EWWR Awards Ceremony is organised to reward the most outstanding actions carried out during each edition of the EWWR. Every year, coordinators, action developers, and those interested in the EWWR gather during one day to celebrate the EWWR and its participants. A jury comprising European professionals working in the environmental sector selects finalists and winners among all the many inspiring EWWR actions! The Awards Ceremony is an amazing opportunity to put the spotlight on some of the most committed EWWR action developers.
This year, the EWWR Awards Ceremony will take place online on 25 June at 14:00 CEST.
Join us to learn directly from the 16 shortlisted finalists about their actions carried out in November 2019 and get inspired to take action yourself!
The event will be opened by Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries.
Register now not to miss the event!
The EWWR Awards Ceremony
The EWWR rewards one action organised by the following types of action developers
- Public administration and organisation;
- Association/NGO and body/organisation of public interest;
- Educational establishment;
Additionally, a European Special Prize is awarded to the action that best contributes to the European spirit, for instance by enabling cross-country collaboration on waste reduction.
Action Developers interested in submitting their action for consideration for the EWWR Awards have to indicate so upon registering their action. They are asked to fill in the designated fields related to the qualities of the action(s) they organise. After each edition of the EWWR, EWWR Coordinators then pre-select a maximum of 6 great actions that took place in their area (one per category).
The pre-selection is based on the following criteria:
- Visibility and communicational aspects;
- Quality of content;
- Originality and exemplarity;
- Lasting impact & follow-up.
The EWWR jury is composed of professionals working in the environmental sector who are recognised at the European level. They are in charge of examining the shortlisted actions (those pre-selected by the EWWR Coordinators) and of designating a winner in each of the 5 categories, according to the above-mentioned criteria.
Discover the jury for the EWWR Awards 2019:
- Administrations/Public Authorities: Kata Tüttő, European Committee of the Regions (CoR);
- Associations/NGOs: Piotr Barczak, European Environmetal Bureau (EEB);
- Business/Industry: Clemens Rosenmayr, Eurochambres;
- Educational Establishments: Kristina Madsen and Gosia Luszczek, Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE);
- Citizen(s): Mohammed Chahim, European Parliament (EP);
- European Special Prize: Chiel Berends, European Commission (EC).