Let's Clean Up Europe!
Our trusted collaborators – our coordinators, volunteers, participants, and supporters – are the heart and soul of the European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR). In fact, the EWWR is the coming together of passionate, hard-working people fighting for a world with less waste. But in times like these, we must do our part to ensure that Covid-19 is contained. We, like many others, must engage in social distancing. This means that we have to put Let’s Clean Up Europe (originally scheduled for 9-10 May) on hold for the time being. Once we have news about the new dates of the campaign, we will update you through our channels.
A European Spring Clean!
Every year, millions of tonnes of litter end up in oceans, beaches, forests and elsewhere in nature. The primary causes of this littering issue are our society’s unsustainable production and consumption patterns, poor waste management strategies and a lack of awareness of citizens.
Do you want to be part of the solution?
Join the Let’s Clean-Up Europe! campaign from 9 to 10 May 2020
The Let’s Clean Up Europe (LCUE) campaign is active throughout all European countries. In order to have a bigger impact, this year the campaign will be concentrated in one single weekend on 9-10 May 2020.
By implementing clean-up actions, you contribute to solving the littering problem but you also raise awareness about the amount of waste produced, the importance of waste prevention and waste reduction! Clean-up actions can be communicated under the LCUE flag!
Would you like to organise a clean-up? Register it through this form and join the movement!
The deadline to register an action is 26th April 2020.
How to organise a clean-up action?
- Identify the problematic place to clean, then get your contacts on board and register your action. If you want to go big you can set up a team and find some support or sponsors.
- On the clean-up day it’s time for action! Gather your team and start collecting litter, sorting it as much as possible! Share ideas about the 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We also have a LCUE Factsheet with more details and ideas.
- Get more visibility by using our communication tools! You can download them here!
- Remember to take pictures, videos and to send your feedback to your Coordinator!
Download the latest LCUE infographic:
Come and join us!
Have a look at the map of clean-ups taking place in 2020 and join an action!
Check our Flickr account to see inspiring photos of the clean-up actions along the years!
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2017
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2016
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2015
- Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2014
Who is coordinating LCUE 2020?
In 2020, the International Association for Environmental Communication in Italy (AICA) will act as a central coordinator for most territories. The contact information is below:
Twitter: @LetsCleanUpEU, @EnviInfo
Contact: Maurizio Bongioanni - maurizio.bongioanni(at)envi.info
There are two exceptions to this:
Catalonia | Coordinator: ARC - Agència de Residus de Catalunya
Contact: Mireia Padros setmanaprevencio.arc.tes[at]gencat.cat
Please note that this coordinator has a separate registration form, which can be accessed on its website.
Balearic Islands | Coordinator: Environment Ministry of the Balearic Islands Government
Contact: pia[@]dgqal.caib.es; abardi[@]dgmambie.caib.es