Le programme LIFE+
The European Week for Waste Reduction was a LIFE+ Information and Communication Project between 2013 and 2017.
The European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR) is an initiative aiming to promote the implementation of awareness-raising actions about sustainable resource and waste management during a single week. Between 2013 and 2017 the project was carried out with the financial support of the European Commission’s LIFE+ programme, more specifically under the “Information and Communication” component of the programme. It was an amazing experience which lead to the EWWR becoming a consolidated campaign that addresses waste reduction.
The LIFE+ programme is the EU’s financial instrument for the environment, aiming to contribute to the implementation, updating and development of environmental policy by co-financing projects with European added value. Find out more about the LIFE+ programme by visiting the LIFE+ website.
The LIFE+ project partners during this time were:
- ACR+, the Association of Cities and Regions for sustainable Resource management - an international network of cities and regions who share the aim of promoting smart resource consumption and sustainable waste management through prevention at source, reuse and recycling.
- AICA, the International Association for Environmental Communication (Italy) - a cultural project that aims to understand, study, and promote national and international environmental communication actions.
- ARC, the Catalan Waste Agency (Catalonia, Spain) - the public entity in charge of the integrated management of municipal, industrial, healthcare and agricultural waste in Catalonia.
- Bruxelles Environnement/Leefmilieu Brussel (Belgium) - the public administration for the environment and energy in the Brussels-Capital Region, in charge of all environmental issues.
- NWMD, the National Waste Management Directorate for Hungary - responsible for the coordination of the complete Hungarian waste management system.
ADEME, the French Environment and Energy Management Agency - the public agency under the joint authority of the Ministry of Environment, Energy and the Sea, and the Ministry for National Education, Higher Education and Research.